I have great news! You and I were created for more than mundane motions. This is not as good as it gets. If your life is great, God has greater in store. If you are asking, Is this as good as it gets? God has greater in store. He is the God of immeasurably more giving, and His children are designed for immeasurably more living. How do I know? Because God has a history of immeasurably more.
- The disciples had a night of disappointing fishing, Jesus said to Simon, “Cast your nets on the other side (Luke 5:4 NIV).” Peter obeyed. “When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break (Luke 5:6).” Immeasurably More
- The people listening to Jesus’ preaching got hungry Jesus said, “You give them something to eat (Mark 6:37 NIV).” The disciples obeyed. They found a boy with five loaves of bread and two fish. Jesus blessed it. “They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand (Mark 6:42-43).” Immeasurably More
- The world was filled with sin in need of a Savior. Jesus said, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John3:16 NIV).” Later He said, “My Father! If this cup cannot go away until I drink it, Your will be done. (Matthew 26:42).” Jesus obeyed. “With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last (Mark 15:37).” Immeasurably More.
What awaits us is life with the God of immeasurably more. Paul speaks of this immeasurably more God in his letter to the Ephesians. “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine” (Eph. 3:20).
The phrase immeasurably more comes from a compound Greek adverb: hyperekperissou (hoo-per-ek-pe-rees-soo’). If we break this word down to look at its roots, hyper (hoop-er’) means “for the sake of, more and beyond.”1 Perissos (per-is-sos’) means “exceeding some number, measure, rank or need,” and (my favorite part of the definition) “over and above, more than is necessary.” Some Bible translators express the phrase as “superabundantly more.” God is able to do superabundantly more than we ask or imagine.
See, our God is the God of immeasurably more giving, and His children are designed for immeasurably more living. Immeasurably more living isn’t found at the top of the career ladder, in a new house, or new car. It’s not found in a larger bank account, a slimmer waistline, or stylish new outfit.
The immeasurably life found at the intersection of God’s Word and our obedience to it. My friend, God’s waiting to meet with you. He longs to intersect your hurts with His mercy, fill your emptiness with His love, and wash away your guilt with His grace. With God, life gets better and better. Your immeasurably more life awaits.
Click here to pre-order your copy of Yes, No and Maybe Living With the God of Immeasurably More.
When you order, and if you have already ordered follow this link to received the following pre-order gifts. YMN
- Video Teaching from Wendy
- Sample chapter from the Book
- 15% off coupon for the YNM Bracelet (purchased from Wendy’s store on this site)
- Lock screens
- Sample chapter from the YNM Bible Study
- Entered to win a YNM canvas
Enter to Win
Leave a comment on today’s post, sharing an experience you’ve had with the God of immeasurably more. A name will be selected to win a YNM Bundle: An autographed copy of YNM, a pop socket, and bracelet.
What’s a pop socket? What does the YNM bracelet look like? We are glad you asked. This link will take you the YMN Product Line.