“When you went out before your people, O God, when you marched through the wasteland.”
Oh God, when you…
- Let my momma stay here with her with her family, not once by twice
- Your presence filled the sanctuary on my wedding day
- I held the baby girl I waited for
- I held another miracle, my son
- My flight landed safely
- Lead our team to the right man to be our pastor several years ago
- Hundreds were rescued on 9/11 but thousands were not
- My dad survived his accident and was able to keep his leg
- Others financially supported our family as my daddy recovered
- My friend did not die in the car accident
- My husband tests were negative
- My son overcame and was in the school play
- Closed every door on our house search to open the right one
- The overwhelming work in Cape May, NJ
- The blessing of obedience changed lives
- Life got hard and you made me strong through praise
- Sent someone to hold me up and help me stand
- Invited me into my calling
- Rescued one I loved from doubt
- Answered my prayer for a friend, delivering her to a great place in your Kingdom
- Financial change came to those I love
- Doctors gave my mother new knees by the hands of an amazing surgeon
- The cancer was gone from Gabriel’s sweet young life
There are great benefits to following God…
Journal: What truth is God teaching you through Psalm 68?
God is teaching me that in my struggles it is not necessarily what He wants me to learn through the process but what He wants me to unlearn.
Word Study Wednesday
One of the things that most fascinates me about God’s Word is the different meanings for the same word in the same scripture. God is such an amazing author!!!
As I was rereading our psalm, I noticed something I hadn’t noticed in my previous reading. While God rises, our enemies, scatter, foes flee, and wicked perish, God’s children, the righteous, lawful, and just, get to sit back and be glad. We can cheer up, our countenance can brighten up, and we can triumph because because victory belongs us. Yes, victory is ours and we don’t have to lift a finger!!
“May God arise, may His enemies be scattered; my His foes flee before Him. As smoke is blown away by the wind, may You blow them away; as melts before the fire, may the wicked perish before God.
But may the righteous, [just, lawful righteous (6662),] be glad [brighten up, cheer up, be merry (8055)], and [rejoice and triumph (5970)]; and [be glad, greatly, joy, make mirth (7797)] before God; may they be happy and joyful. ”
6662 – Tsaddiq (tsad-deek’)
8055 – Samach (saw-makh’)
5970 – alats (aw-lats’)
7797 – sus or sis (soos)
Journal: Tell God something that you are thankful for.
In all honesty, I thank God for my current trials because they are perfecting my faith, refining it like gold.
Faith Stretching/Strengthening Friday
Journal: How is God stretching/strengthening your faith?
He is refining my faith. Surrendering to Psalm 51:10 in January began an amazing work in my life.
1 Peter 1:7
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold–though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.