TGFABT – Psalm 44
Battle-Weary and Defeated
“All this happened to us, though we had not forgotten you or been false to your covenant. Our hearts had not turned back; our feet had not strayed from your path.”
1. The storm often comes in the path of obedience.
2. The storm often looks more powerful than we are.
3. The storm often makes it appear that God does not care.
4. The storm reveals the real enemy.
5. The storm drives us to Jesus.
6. The storm will always reveal something new about Jesus.
Journal: What truth is God teaching you through Psalm 44?
Remembering is soothing and refreshing!
This struck me hard as I consider all who are battle-weary. The psalmist cries out, “Thou art my King O God command deliverances for Jacob.” His King is our King. In our battle-wearied state we can cry out, “Thou art my King O God command deliverances for Jacob [Wendy-insert your name].
command- tsavah (vaw’)- to lay charge, order
We ask God to lay charge to our deliverance. [health, salvation, prosperity]
Journal: Tell God something that you are thankful for.
I am thankful God is faithful even when I am not.
Faith Stretching/Strengthening Friday
Journal: How is God stretching/strengthening your faith?
My faith is being strengthened as I teach Bible Study.