When circumstances turn against us don’t blame God, seek Him. ~NIV study Bible.
When circumstances turn against us, God is for us.
- Our defense
- Our honor
- Our head lifter
- Our sleep aid
Rape of Tamar
2 Samuel 13
2 Samuel 15
For more of the story
2 Samuel 14
The exact term is not known. It is possible a music term
- Musical direction to the singers and musicians to play forte or crescendo or for the priest to give the benediction
- A signal to lift up the hands or voice in worship
- A phrase like “Amen” meaning “so be it” or “Hallelujah” or “Praise the Lord”
What is truth is the Lord amplifying in your life this week? I am hearing the word trust everywhere. There are many ways God is asking me to trust Him. The word sustain is huge to me right now.
Today I needed verse 5, ” I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.” The word sustains grabbed me, I guess because I needed Him to do this for me so desperately.
- to lean, lay, rest, support, put, uphold, lean upon
- to support or brace oneself
- to sustain, refresh, revive
Sustains means more than ” He gets us through.” He refreshes. He revives. Thank you God!!!
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
Today is thankful Tuesday. Share at least one thing you are thankful for today. I am thankful for healthy children.
This week the Spirit has revealed some useful but hurtful things. Again, I hear the word “trust” as I watch and wait for God to work all things out for His glory and my good.