“You have rejected us, O God, and burst forth upon us- You have been angry – now restore us!”
- We never arrive to a place where trouble can’t find us.
- God will become angry with us.
- God’s discipline can look like rejection if not seen through the eyes of grace.
- God will never be so angry that He will not hear our cry.
- God will restore, defend, and give us victory.
Journal: What truth is God teaching you through Psalm 60?
Don’t forget to watch for my delivery! Have faith…it will happen.
Word Study Wednesday
“Give us aid against the enemy, for human help is worthless.” (NIV) Psalm 60:11
“Give us help from trouble: for vain [is] the help of man.” (KJV)
- Help – noun ezrah or ezrath (ez-raw’) means help, helper, assistance
- Help – noun teshuah (tesh-oo-aw’) means salvation; deliverance
Isn’t it interesting the same word in the same verse has a different meaning? This verse is tender to my heart today. I reflect upon the times I have looked to worthless and empty places, as well as people for my deliverance and salvation from trouble.
How sad when I fail to go straight to God for deliverance and salvation. All other places and people pale in comparison with the wisdom, compassion, and grace God gives.
Forgive me Lord.
Journal: Tell God something that you are thankful for.
Today I am thankful for God’s great grace and new mercies. A thousand times I failed still His mercy remains…Everlasting…
Faith Stretching/Strengthening Friday
Journal: How is God stretching/strengthening your faith?
Self-control. Need I say more.