“Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.”
An outward expression of an inward joy.
…are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy… (v8)
1 Peter 1:3-6
- Given us a new birth into a living hope
- An inheritance that will not fade or spoil
- Shielded us with His power
- Clap with words: positive and encouraging words to others and ourselves
- Clap with actions: kind and helpful things to others
- Clap with our spirit: praise Him by singing and thanking Him for new birth, our inheritance, and protection
Journal: What is truth is God teaching your truth Psalm 47?
“Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.”
Word Study Wednesday
“How awesome is the Lord Most High the great King over all the earth!” Psalm 47:2 (NIV)
“For the LORD most high is terrible he is a great King over all the earth.” (KJV)
Are you ask shocked at the wordterrible as I am? It makes me love the mystery of God’s Word and different translations.
The Hebrew word is yare’ (yaw-ray’). Meaning:
- To revere, fear, be afraid, to stand in awe of, be awed, to fear, reverence, honour, respect
- To cause astonishment and awe, be held in awe
- To inspire reverence or godly fear or aw
Journal: Tell God something that you are thankful for.
I am thankful for a BIG day with my family. I am blessed beyond what I could ever think or imagine.
Faith Stretching/Strengthening Friday
Journal: How is God stretching/strengthening your faith?
To keep my focus on His hope rather than hope in the challenging circumstance.